Rolling Resistance Test Rig (RRTR)
The A&D Rolling Resistance Test Rig (RRTR) is a high accuracy drum-based rolling resistance test machine. The RRTR offers world class repeatability and accuracy by using an extremely stiff design and a customized load cell developed using our Model Based Sensor (MBS) technology. Built with consideration for ease of use, maintenance and calibration, it offers automated and manual test scheduling along with a user-friendly operator interface. The RRTR is available in a variety of configurations and sizes for passenger car (PC) and truck and bus (TB) tires, so that customers choose the machine that best fits their needs. Customization is possible depending upon customer needs.
- High accuracy and robust measurement
- Test standards compliance
- Fully automated
- Energy saving from aluminum cast drum (about 30% compared to steel drum)
- Optional temperature chamber
- Tire vertical load: 15kN (PC), 60kN (TB)
- Inflation pressure: 400kPa (PC), 1000kPa (TB)
- Rolling resistance force: 300N (PC), 500N (TB)
- Rolling resistance measurement accuracy: PC ≤ ±0.3N, TB ≤ ±0.5N
- Measurement repeatability (PC): σ ≤ 0.005N/KN
- Maximum test speed: 120 km/hr (270 km/hr optional)
- Test tire diameter: 500-900mm (PC), 700-1500mm (TB)
- Tire Rolling Resistance Test Rig Brochure
Provides complete details about the functionality of the Rolling Resistance Test Rig, as well as detailed specifications.
- A Comparative Analysis of On-road & Laboratory-based Rolling Resistance Measurements
Presentation given at the Tire Science & Technology Conference in 2012, Cleveland, Ohio.